Arai are pleased to announce the production of the most authentic limited edition Joey Dunlop replica helmet produced using the actual design and sponsors from 1985.
The helmet will be a Celebration of Joey Dunlops success throughout his racing career, specifically within the 1985 IOM TT. During the 1985 IOM TT Joey had three first place finishes in ‘Junior TT’; ‘Formula 1 TT’; ‘Senior TT’. Joey also had three first places at the Ulster GP and two at the NW200 within the same year.
The design will feature the Northern Irish radio station DownTown Radio who sponsored Joey during 1985 and had the radio station logo on the side of his iconic yellow/black helmet. The ‘Joey 85’ is the most authentic replica to date. With a simple ‘Joey’ on the back as per his helmet of that year. DownTown Radio are still on air in Northern Ireland today.
The helmets will be limited in number with only 305 available and will come complete with a limited edition numbered sticker and certificate signed by Linda Dunlop. The Arai Joey 85 will be exclusively available from Crossans Motorcycles.
- Peripherally belted SNC (Structural Net Composite) shell
- Enhanced hyper ridge strengthening in lower section
- Larger opening for increased ease when taking helmet on or off
- Anatomically shaped helmet – gives clean and aerodynamic appearance
- Triple density inner shell
- Air intake stabiliser diffuser – increases airflow through the helmet
- Five position air wing – reduces drag, turbulence and buffeting
- Airflow spoiler – directs the airflow around the bottom edge
- Power intake shutter chin vent
- Free Flow System (FFS) – reduces draft and wind noise
- Wider aperture/larger visor – for better peripheral vision
- New shaped side exhaust vents and new neck exhaust vent
- Improved breath deflector
- Aeroflap – reduces wind noise and turbulence
- Emergency release cheek pads
- Fully washable and removable Dry Cool® interior
- Removable skull cap and cheek pads available in 6 sizes
- Removable neck roll
- Lever release visor removal system (LRS)
- Aerodynamic recessed visor holder system
- Patented visor brow ventilation ducts
- Aerodynamic 3D Pinlock® ready visor with de-mist visor lock
- Double ‘D’ ring fastening system ensures correct strap tension at all times
- Pinlock® visor insert included
- ECE 22-05/SNELL M2010 approved
- Sizes : XXS – XXL
- Price : £699.99