Product Name – GP Tech v2 leather suit Tech-Air compatible
Category – Racing/Performance Riding
(suggested retail price – € 1,799.95 Euro / £ 1,599.99 Sterling)
Description – Evolved to accommodate Alpinestars’ class-leading Tech-Air Race system and featuring innovative new external protection technologies, the GP Tech V2 Leather Suit is constructed from premium kangaroo and bovine leather for unsurpassed abrasion and tear resistance. Fully optimized for use with or without Tech-Air, the GP Tech V2 incorporates aramidic and accordion stretch panels for an anatomically profiled racing fit. The suit incorporates class-leading internal protection as well as reinforced stitching throughout and strategic stretch paneling for the ultimate in high performance riding comfort, security and fit.
The Alpinestars Tech-Air technology brings full upper body protection to serious track day and performance riders. Sold separately and compatible with the dedicated Leather Suits, the Tech-Air Race is completely self-contained, meaning there are no bike-to-rider set-up configurations required, which ensures the ultimate in convenience, freedom and versatility. When fully inflated, the system’s airbag offers critical protection to the back, kidneys, chest and shoulders. Plus, with a simple upgrade the versatile system firmware, the Race system can be configured to run the Tech-Air Street setting for non-race use in road and off-road situations.
- Evolution of GP Tech Suit design in order to integrate Tech-Air Race airbag system:
- LED display on sleeve indicating airbag’s operational status, plus internal conduit for system vest’s ECU.
- Internal velcro fixings plus zipper in order to house airbag system vest.
- Accordion stretch inserts on shoulder and underarm designed to accommodate inflated airbag but which also offers anatomicalperformance while when riding without system.
- Highly durable, premium kangaroo and bovine leather multi-panel construction for maximum abrasion resistance, with reinforced stitching for optimum tear resistance in the eventof an impactand abrasion slide.
- Strategic perforations throughoutsuit for excellent levels of airflow and comfort.
- Class-leading protective capabilities – internally and externally – with:
- Alpinestars race-derived, CE approved internal elbow, shoulder, knee and tibia protectors.
- Alpinestars’ new, exclusively developed shoulder GP Dynamic Fiction Shield (GP DFS) protector is anatomically contoured and incorporates a triple- density polymer compound for improved performance in crash The GP DFS protection is ergonomically designed for improved upper body flexibility and features over-injected mesh air inlets for excellent airflow.
- Innovative new elbow slider is anatomically contoured and incorporates a triple-density polymer compound for improved performance in crash The elbow slider features a removable and replaceable screw-mounted insert slider for unsurpassed friction management.
- External (DFS) knee sliders offer additional abrasion resistance in a key impact area.
- Snap connection system allows integration of CE level 2 certified Nucleon Race Back Protector for the ultimate in protection (for use without Tech-Air system).
- Chestpad compartments with advanced poly-foam padding (CE certified Nucleon chestpads available as accessory upgrade).
- Garmentcomes supplied with anatomically profiled and removable CE Nucleon hip
- Ergonomically engineered ARSHIELD reinforcements, consisting of aramidic fiber and polyamide, strategically positioned on sleeve and knee.
- Soft 3D mesh collar and cuff construction for improved level of comfort and breathability.
- Wrist and ankle cuff edges constructed from stretch fabric for fit and comfort.
- Newly evolved aerodynamic ventilated back hump is designed to incorporate hydration pack and features a conduit opening for water hydration hose.
- A superior transversal performance fit due to:
- Alpinestars developed accordion leather lumbar stretch insert allows for superb flex fit while in an aggressive, tucked riding position
- Extensive rear torso, upper arm and elbow accordion leather stretch panels offer great fit to cater for various riding styles
- Newly developed extensive stretch calf panel features accordion stretch leather for performance fit.
- All leather accordion inserts are perforated for comfort, airflow and abrasion and tear resistance.
- Extensive aramidic fiber stretch panels are strategically positioned on the underarms, shoulders, crotch and thigh areas.
- Removable inner stretch mesh liner with multi-panel construction and 3D mesh inserts to improve comfort and Liner incorporates strategically positioned padding inserts for comfortand fit. Liner designed to work perfectly in conjunction with main shell for a superior performance racing fit.
- Waterproof internal wallet pocket for peace-of-mind storage.
- Printed detailing and logos for a unique aggressive performance riding look
The post Alpinestars – GP Tech v2 leather suit Tech-Air compatible appeared first on Superbike News.