A new METZELER enduro tyre extends the KAROO range towards a dedicated road use, combining excellent agility and grip, even in wet conditions, with reliable off-road traction
METZELER now extends its highly successful KAROO range towards pure road use with the new KAROO Street . Delivering excellent road performance, even in wet conditions, the new enduro tyre remains aggressively styled, with its knobbly tread pattern continuing to provide off-road capability.
Owners of adventure, ‘enduro street’ and dual purpose motorcycles are increasingly looking for sport touring performance when used on asphalt, but without sacrificing off-road capabilities. While responding to this market request, however, the METZELER KAROO Street maintains an off-road look, in character with these type of motorcycles, while delivering excellent road performance on both dry and wet asphalt.
The METZELER KAROO Street tyre has been developed for the latest generation of adventure, big enduro and dual purpose motorcycles, capable of taking dirt roads in their stride. With the KAROO Street tyre these motorcycles will now be further enhanced to tackle distant road journeys, where good mileage, stability and comfort are fundamental throughout the life-cycle of the tyre.
New METZELER KAROO Street
Designed for all levels of cross-country riding, the METZELER brand’s KAROOproduct family now offers a range that spans from the desert all the way to street. The new KAROO Street will be available from March 2018 onwards.
- KAROO Street , a unique combination of off-road look with on-road agility
- KAROO 3 , dedicated to off-road raids and adventure journeys
- KAROO Extreme , a product developed to compete in the professional Rally races
- On-road agility: KAROO Street tyre provides excellent handling and grip in comparison to its knobbly tyre competition, due to the sport touring derived profiles that deliver a typical on-road dynamic behaviour.
- Wet grip and wet handling: Enhanced safety with reliable grip in wet conditions, generated by the high silica compounds which promote chemical grip on wet asphalt.
- Off-road traction: The KAROO Street ’s layout of blocks and variable spacing between the knobs, provides excellent dirt road traction especially in long-distance clay and hard-packed trails.
- High-speed stability: Large sized blocks and their coupling to a stiff carcass, provides perfect stability at high speeds on road, even when fully loaded with luggage and passenger.
- High mileage: KAROO Street tyre offers high effective mileage, the result of introducing abrasion-resistant compounds.
Biker Tshirts by Superbike News in UK/Europe, USA & Aus